Selling a Clearwater Beach property is much like selling any other home, except for the fact that there are some really good upsides and just a couple of downsides to consider!
Clearwater Beach is a great location for living, and is filled with both second homes and vacation homes. There are areas of high concentration with high rise condos and even some back of the path areas that buyers may not know are even there. As a Clearwater Beach seller, your Realtor needs to know how to reach the buyers who are out there looking for these types of properties!
One of the best ways to do that is to make sure they have a strong presence on the social media and that they are using those channels to help sell your home!
Another thing to ask about is if they have listings in the area. The reason this is so important is that listings up and down the Clearwater and St. Pete Beaches means that they will have a pool of buyers available who expressed an interest in other beach properties and who might not have bought yet.
Additionally, when you are selling in this second home, vacation home market, you need to make sure your listing is top notch as the buyers in the higher end markets are looking for turnkey and ready to move in! Make sure to get your home spruced up BEFORE putting it on the market to get the best sale price.
Last but not least, make sure you are ready to answer all of their questions and have made strategic considerations:
- If you are in jumbo loan area (over $417,000) it may pay to lower your price to just below that so that buyers can use conventional mortgages.
- Finding out about insurance rates and required flood coverage can help alleviate fears of buyers.
- KNOW the HOA rules if you are selling a condo, nothing looks worse than not knowing if they can have their beloved pet or not.
- Consider having a pre-home inspection and repairing all the items on the list. Knowing that your home is in tip-top shape can make yours the one they choose.
- Pick a Realtor wisely. You need to know that they have a good relationship with the other beach agents AND that they have a strong listing business with years of experience negotiating on your behalf. When searching for homes, you will often find buyers agents who do an amazing job of helping buyers, but you need to know that your realtor is a selling agent who works primarily with listings!
If you are considering selling a Clearwater Beach Property, please give us a call today, we are always happy to help! 727-216-9247